Bio of David Silberman
- Currently producing the documentary In Search of Leidy on the life of Dr. Joseph Leidy, the 19th century naturalist
- Onscreen musician for Walt Disney's feature motion picture Secretariat
- Soundtracks for Ken Anderson Films (Rescue, Mark of the Red Hand, and Living Legends), Quadrus Media Ministries (Moody! and The Winner, co-produced by Broadman Films), and Promotional Marketing Services (1984 NBL Grand National BMX Championship)
Music By Design, Inc.
1973 - Present
President, Producer and Director
Manage all business operations and employees/contractors of company, including scheduling and tracking of projects from start to completion; design look and feel of music for print, and proof and edit as necessary; create original soundtracks and arrangements for video, film, radio, and recordings; and preside over recording sessions, including the directing and contracting of Louisville Orchestra musicians for sessions.
- Composed and conducted original soundtracks for Ken Anderson Films, Quadrus Media Ministries and Promotional Marketing Services.
- Created custom arrangements for The Blue Apple Players (children's musicals), The United Methodist Publishing House (supplemental music for children's Sunday School material), Sheet Music Magazine (piano/organ arrangements of popular tunes), Burger Queen (marching band arrangement of jingle), Louisville Arch Diocese (custom treatment of Handel's Water Music for radio and TV commercials), Allen Martin Productions (string/brass arrangements for Christian recording artist, Margaret Cloud), Louisville Visual Art Association (title credits for documentary) and The Louisville Bach Society.
- Hand copied music for the Louisville Ballet, the Kentucky Opera Association, Louisville Orchestra, Charles Strouse, Karel Husa, Claude Baker, Paul Brink, and Phillip Rhodes
- Typeset hundreds of pieces of music using QuarkXPress and/or Finale for the following:
- LifeWay Christian Resources-Broadman/Genevox Music/Van Ness Press (anthems, piano pieces, instrumental, handbell)
- Warner Bros. Publications, Inc. (method books, octavos, folios, band and orchestral scores)
- Word, Inc. (piano/vocal books, octavos, handbell-including the entire Word Handbell Hymnal)
- W.W. Norton and Company (college music texts-most notably Rhythm Reading by Dan Kazez)
- Hal Leonard Publishing Corp. (octavos and orchestral works)
- Jamey Aebersold Music (Play-A-Longs and instructional jazz books)
- Sheet Music Magazine (piano and piano/organ pieces)
- Presbyterian Publishing House (VBS material)
- Willis Music Company (piano pieces)
- Standard Publishing Company (VBS material)
- Mel Bay Publications (instrumental pieces)
- Praise Gathering (orchestral pieces)
- Barbour Publishing (popular sacred melodies for devotional publications)
Blue Apple Players
September 1983 - April 1985
Music director for children's theater group. Supervised all music and rehearsals, arranged songs for live performance of children's theatrical productions, and accompanied performers on stage with electronic keyboard.
- Developed musical intros and exits, and all incidental music through improvisation.
- Created lead sheets with chords for singers from director's prompts or prerecorded melodies.
May 1980 - September 1982
Served as a graphic artist for a music engraver. Daily work included paste up; inking slurs, ties, and beams; typing lyrics and performance markings; and making author's alterations.
- Developed basic skills as a graphic artist and appreciation for good layout.
- Gained overall knowledge of music publishing industry and tools necessary to operate a small business.
- Member of Louisville Federation of Musicians Local 11-637
- Member of ICVM (International Christian Visual Media Association)
Music composition and arranging for film, orchestra/band directing, music typesetting and editing, experience playing piano, clarinet, bass clarinet, bass and trumpet; web development, project management, programming, animation, graphic design, nonlinear digital video editing, typesetting, proofreading, copy writing, editing, research and analysis